Help and FAQs
Please remember the following 3 key points:
- As with all video websites, you need a good broadband or data connection to view the videos.
- You need to be logged in, and stay logged in, for the system to work.
- We recommend that your computer or device has up-to-date browser and operating systems.
We hope you find this support section helpful.
2. How does this platform work?
- If you don't have a username and password, please register. Your registration needs to be validated by the Course Administrator,
- You will be issued with login details for this site.
- The Course is divided in to Modules. Each Module then has a series of Topic Videos. You can choose to purchase modules individually or purchase all courses in the Advanced Level Diploma in Fertility Acupuncture to obtain a 10% discount on all modules.
- Once you have purchased access you will be able to view each of the Topic Videos in the modules you have purchased. When you have finished viewing a Topic Video, then please tick the box which says that you have viewed all of the video.
- When you have finished viewing all of the Topic Videos in a Module, you need to do a short quiz and fill in reflective notes. These have been designed to make your learning experience more interactive. You will find the quiz and notes at the bottom of each Module page.
- A record of completed Topic Videos will be kept in your My Training area.
- When you have completed all of the Modules, a certificate will be uploaded to your My Training area.
3. The video won't load/appear
It may be that your organisation is preventing videos from being played on the internal computers - particularly on older browsers and operating systems. Please check with your IT support to see if this is the case, and whether the block can be lifted.
4. The video keeps stopping and starting, and the loading symbol keeps appearing
This is most likely to be a problem with your broadband speed, or internet or data connection.
The Platform is optimised to work with most home, workplace and mobile connection speeds.
However, there are times when your broadband connection may slow down: if this is the case, it may allow text and images to appear, but 'high bandwidth' videos will break up or 'stop and start'.
Sometimes this is due to a poor broadband connection (and it may be worth contacting your provider or IT department to see if you can get a stronger or upgraded connection); or it may be due to high levels of internet usage in your home, your area, or your office.
If it's the latter, please be patient or log back on at a less busy time.
5. The sound won't work
You could try refreshing your web page. Please note that your computer has sound controls accessible from the control panel and that the video player has sound controls which appear in the player window.
6. Can I make the slides larger and the speaker smaller?
Yes, you can make the slides larger and the speaker smaller by clicking on the Minimise Video or Maximise Video tab.
7. Can I watch on my mobile phone?
This site has been optimised to work on mobile devices. However, if the mobile has weak data or internet connection, it may take longer to load and stream.
8. Why does the layout of the page not look right?
Very occasionally, your browser won't immediately recognise an update or amendment to the website - the cached ('stored') pages on your browser may still be storing the old layout, and this can cause problems. The browser should update itself automatically next time you open it.
But in the meantime, you may need to press the refresh icon on the browser address bar to see the new layout.
9. What do I do if it says I am "behind a firewall"?
It may be blocking the video content and you may need to access the site from a different location. To check whether it is a firewall issue try accessing another video website.
10. I've read the FAQs, but I am still experiencing problems
Sometimes computers and/or the internet can develop a temporary fault - which is often sorted out by restarting the computer, refreshing the website page (by clicking on your browser's Refresh icon), accessing the website on another computer or device, or just trying again at another time.
11. Contact us
If you continue to experience a problem with the Platform, then please contact us. We will aim to come back to you via email within 2 working days.